Albany, New York, May 29, 2017: “DRC: Network Coverage Extensions, Mobile Data and Fixed Internet to Drive Telecom Market Growth“, a new Country Intelligence Report by Market Research Hub, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in DRC today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides a detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Request Free Sample Report @ http://www.marketresearchhub.com/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=1070631
Market Research Hub expects overall service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% during 2016-2021 to reach $1.9bn by 2021. Growth will be driven by the mobile data, mobile voice and fixed Internet service segments. Mobile data will benefit from the growing smartphone penetration and the increasing mobile broadband usage while fixed Internet will be supported by the developing national fiber backbone network.
Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities arising from increased demand for data services. Furthermore, operator focus on 3G network expansion, on mobile data monetization, on development of fixed broadband infrastructure along with the forthcoming launch of 4G in the near future present opportunities for vendors and investors.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
– Regional context: telecom market size and trends in DRC compared with other countries in the region.
– Economic, demographic and political context in DRC.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
– A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
– Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
– In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
– Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in DRCs telecommunications market.
– The overall telecom services revenue in DRC will grow at a CAGR of 9.9% during 2016-2021 to reach $1.9bn by 2021. The fixed/mobile revenue split will be dominated by the mobile segment through 2021, with the share of the fixed segment to decline from 10.4% in 2016 to 7.6% in 2021.
– Mobile data will grow at a CAGR of 22.0% during 2016-2021, benefitting from growing smartphone penetration and more affordable and highly segmented data plans spurring mobile data usage and adoption.
– 2G remains the most adopted technology in DRC accounting for 94.0% of mobile subscriptions in 2016; however, we expect its share to decline to 87.8% by 2021, owing to customers migration to more advanced 3G technologies and the launch of 4G services in the near future.
– The top two operators, Vodacom DRC and Airtel DRC, which provide mobile voice and data services, accounted for 59.6% of overall service revenue in 2016. Operators are focusing on expanding their 2G/3G network coverage and offering low-cost smartphones and affordable data and device plans to strengthen their market position.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of DRCs telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying Market Research Hubs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in DRCs mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Botswanas telecommunications market.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in DRC.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Executive summary 4
Market and competitor overview
Regional context 6
Economic, demographic and political context 7
Regulatory environment 8
Demand profile 14
Service evolution 16
Competitive landscape 17
Major market players 18
Mobile services 22
Fixed services 26
Opportunities in the market 29
About the authors 30
Country Intelligence Report coverage 31
About Market Research Hub:
Market Research Hub (MRH) is a next-generation reseller of ICT Market Research Reports and analysis. MRH’s expansive collection of market research reports has been carefully curated to help key personnel and decision makers across industry verticals to clearly visualize their operating environment and take strategic steps.
MRH functions as an integrated platform for the following products and services: Objective and sound market forecasts, qualitative and quantitative analysis, incisive insight into defining industry trends, and market share estimates. Our reputation lies in delivering value and world-class capabilities to our clients.
90 State Street,
Albany, NY 12207,
Toll Free: 866-997-4948 (US-Canada)