Albany, New York, May 29, 2017: “Cameroon: Mobile Market to Fuel Overall Telecom Growth as Operators Focus on Network Expansion and VAS“, is a new Country Intelligence Report by Market Research Hub, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Cameroon today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides a detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Request Free Sample Report @ http://www.marketresearchhub.com/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=1070630
In 2016, Cameroon generated telecom service revenue of $1.1bn (equivalent to 3.5% of nominal GDP), an increase of 6.2% since 2015, primarily due to the growth in the mobile segment. The mobile market continues to be the largest contributor to the overall market revenue, accounting for 82.5% of overall telecom revenue in 2016. Mobile voice remained the major revenue-contributing segment in 2016, accounting for 64.3% of total service revenue. Mobile data will be the fastest revenue-contributing segment through 2021, driven by operators investments in 3G and 4G network expansion as well as growing adoption of mobile broadband services. Government and operator focus on improving fixed Internet penetration via submarine cables and fiber-optic expansion will improve broadaband connectivity in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Cameroon compared with other countries in the region.
– Economic, demographic and political context in Cameroon.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
– A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
– Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
– In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
– Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Cameroon’s telecommunications markets.
– Overall telecom service revenue in Cameroon will grow at a CAGR of 10.6% during 2016-2021, mainly driven by growth in the mobile voice and data segments.
– Mobile services revenue will account for 90.1% of the total telecom service revenue in 2021; mobile data will witness a CAGR of 22.7% during 2016-2021.
– The top two operators, MTN Cameroon and Orange Cameroon, which both provide mobile voice and data services, accounted for 72.1% of overall service revenue in 2016. Operators will continue to focus on expanding their 3G/4G network coverage and service quality to remain competitive.
– Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities arising from increased demand for data services. Operators are focusing on 3G/4G network expansion and offering VAS to drive additional revenue, which presents opportunities for vendors and investors.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Cameroon’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying Market Research Hubs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Cameroon’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Cameroon’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Cameroon.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Executive summary 4
Market and competitor overview
Regional context 6
Economic, demographic and political context 7
Regulatory environment 8
Demand profile 15
Service evolution 17
Competitive landscape 18
Major market players 19
Mobile services 24
Fixed services 28
Opportunities in the market 31
About the authors 32
Country Intelligence Report coverage 33
About Market Research Hub:
Market Research Hub (MRH) is a next-generation reseller of ICT Market Research Reports and analysis. MRH’s expansive collection of market research reports has been carefully curated to help key personnel and decision makers across industry verticals to clearly visualize their operating environment and take strategic steps.
MRH functions as an integrated platform for the following products and services: Objective and sound market forecasts, qualitative and quantitative analysis, incisive insight into defining industry trends, and market share estimates. Our reputation lies in delivering value and world-class capabilities to our clients.
90 State Street,
Albany, NY 12207,
Toll Free: 866-997-4948 (US-Canada)